Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Day bin Laden Died

I cannot help but to feel a profound sense of sadness at the death of one of the worst killers in recent history. As I see the cries of jubilation outside of the White House and on Facebook, Twitter, and news feeds, I cannot help but think to myself just how awful this is.

I am not sad that Osama bin Laden is dead. I am glad my country's greatest enemy has been destroyed.

I am sad that in order to bring Peace into this world, there must be death. I am sad that any person's death is cause for celebration. I am sad that the world is still a place of dictators and warlords and countries that fight a war for ten years because the world is full of these people.

I have hope. One day, the killing will become unnecessary. There won't be a need for tat because there won't be a tit. Young boys just out of high school won't be killing younger boys still, when so much of who each of us are depends so much upon luck.

It is Chaos. I desperately hope for Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment